MAX DEPREE's BLOG Headline Animator

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Will.i.am to release Obama victory song

Los Angeles- Will.i.am is releasing a president Obama victory song. The This Is Love singer plans to celebrate the success of the Democrat Party President winning a second time with a special song to commemorate his success in Tuesday's elections. He writes on Twitter: "I'm proud of where I come from...but I'm even more proud of where we are going... (sic) "In 2008 I wrote 'it’s a new day' 1week before @BarackObama won...and last week I wrote another victory song...it will be out in 1week. (sic)" 'Thanks mama' The Voice coach hopes to follow the success of 2008's track, It's a New Day, which he penned when Obama was first elected. He also took the opportunity to thank his hardworking mother for her constant support. He added: "Thanks mama for raising me the way you did...from the ghetto to backstage 2012 @BarackObama re-elect. "I got to speak with the president backstage before this historic speech...my mom got me [here]...she is the greatest single mom ever..." Will.i.am attended Obama's election party at the McCormick Place convention centre in Chicago and mingled with stars including Stevie Wonder, Mary J Blige and Melanie Griffith. Artists including BeyoncĂ©, Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga have also expressed their congratulations to Obama via Twitter.

Follow Us

Twitter Feed Facebook Google Plus Youtube